Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

MapServer Error - Can't view spatial objects using browse tool

TomR
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I have recently downloaded Alteryx on a new machine and I am encountering this error message when I try to view spatial objects using a browse tool:

"MapServer Error: Parsing error near (~):(line 3)"

The same message appears if I use the MapInput tool or load any data in. The browse tool works fine for everything else. I have read previously that it could be due to firewall protection, however I have disabled this for the Alteryx app and the error is still happening. I have also uninstalled and re-downloaded Alteryx but that hasn't worked either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Does it let you change the base map as seen here:

BrandonB_0-1626241622581.png

Also have you tried going to Options -> User Settings -> Edit user settings? You should be able to change the default Reference Base Map from the "Dataset Defaults" tab. Hopefully this fixes things for you! If not I would suggest sending an email over to support@alteryx.com. It may be that something didn't install correctly and Support might need to assist in clearing out some files that didn't completely delete on reinstall. 

Labels