Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to insert records into Hive table

jwimmers
6 - Meteoroid

Have a workflow that is attempting to output data to a Hive table and receiving the below error message:

Error: Output Data (7): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [Cloudera][Hardy] (80) Syntax or semantic analysis error thrown in server while executing query. Error message from server: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: ParseException line 1:133 cannot recognize input near '?' ',' '?' in value row constructor Insert into default.sample(a,b,c,d,e,f,sample_key,rn) Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

The table does get created in the Hive environment when the workflow is run, but no records are inserted. I've seen topics that recommend updating the User DSN configuration to remove the check box for Use Native Query, I tried this but it didn't solve the issue.

I am using the Cloudera ODBC Driver for Apache Hive (version 2.6.11.1011) in my ODBC data source connection, if that helps.

1 REPLY 1
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @jwimmers . Have you tried to insert it with HDFS? Maybe it would work better (and faster). https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Hadoop-Performance-Considerations/bc-p/1091491#M3487

Best regards,

Simon

Labels