Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transaction date

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks:

I have an inventory file with a column called "Transaction date". The transaction date column has dates from 2013 up until 2021. (see attached for your reference). 

I am trying to use the formula tool to distinguish the transaction dates and categorize them them into three different buckets as follow:  

1- Transaction date in past 12 months 

2- Transaction date in last 13 months - 36 months 

3- 36+ months 

any inputs would be much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

DateTimeDiff function might be a keyword to solve your task. See workflow as attached.

We cannot add/substract Date type data by expression like [Field1]-[Field2], so we have to use this kind of DateTime~ function to manipulate Date type data.

gawa_0-1633141141437.png

Then, depending on threshold as you wish, you can categorize them.

gawa_1-1633141399440.png

Hoping this would help you, thanks

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@gawa  Thank you gawa for your help last night, Everything works fine except that I am getting this error message (see first screenshot) when I am trying to input the formula (see second screenshot) 

Hussein982_1-1633175429914.png

Hussein982_0-1633175366061.png

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@gawa I think it worked. Thank you so much for all your help. I was able to figure out the issue. Enjoy your weekend.

Labels