Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool ID 406 Error

jatienza
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Any idea how to fix this error. Also, I can't open the workflow due to this error.

jatienza_0-1682590505824.png

Thanks,

Jaime

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @jatienza, as a start, can you try these steps?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-The-Tool-ID-id-I...

If these don't work, you could try removing that tool from the XML of the workflow so you can at least open it and re-add/configure the problem tool. To do this I'd make a copy of the problem workflow, just in case you make a mistake when editing the XML. If we take this workflow for example:

DataNath_1-1682591739300.png

I make a copy of that workflow and call it something identifiable (for this example I'm going to remove the RecordID tool):

DataNath_2-1682591799023.png

Now I just open the workflow in its raw (XML) form, in a text/code editor:

DataNath_3-1682591831613.png

I now just find the section of the XML relating to the tool I want to remove:

DataNath_4-1682591942463.png

Delete the whole section, starting at the <Node> tag and ending at </Node> - make sure you delete the whole lines neatly i.e. leave the indentation of the surrounding lines of the other tools the same:

DataNath_5-1682592015851.png

Now just hit save on the text/code editor and when you come to open the workflow in Alteryx:

DataNath_6-1682592053756.png

Hope this helps! When messing with the XML of workflows do just ensure you're using a copy in case you accidentally corrupt it.

jatienza
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath Your steps really work. Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Labels