Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Template based on a criteria

mabellebautista
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have 10 different templates that have specific columns depending on the process, could you recommend a workflow that selects the applicable template based on the process column value?

For example:

The input data has several columns and in the column process has SAS then the workflow has to select the SAS template and auto-populate the values for the SAS columns from the input file to this template.

Best,

Mabel

3 REPLIES 3
braveraj
10 - Fireball

Hi Mabel

Couple of questions for you. Do all of the input data have standardized field names and start on the same row, or can it vary? Like if a spreadsheet has headers and the data starts on row 5 versus another template starts on row 1.

He's a sample workflow I think may solve your issue.

braveraj_0-1681316376275.png

mabellebautista
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

It will depends on the template.  Here is an example of the input data:

Report IDTemplateClient #Client NameDateClass 2Class 1ErrorStatusInquiryCustomer Service assignednotesdepartment IDProductDescription
1SAS234DOE4/12/202210N/AIn progresserror typeJaneerror564cloudcloud product

SAS Template would be 

Report IDClient #DateStatusInquiry
1234 4/12/2022In progresserror type

and the columns will vary depending of the template.

braveraj
10 - Fireball

Hi Mabel

Give this workflow a shot. To get this to work you'll want to put your field names for the templates as rows. Its a little more complicated than my original reply but hopefully this addresses your issue.

Adam

braveraj_0-1681320034344.png

Labels