Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Tool Change Column Header Text based on string or text inside of column Header

Nmassarone
8 - Asteroid

Hello, wondering if anyone has a solution for the below, i have a table that im trying to run the table tool it has a couple columns and some columns contains the same "TEXT" inside the column header.

ideally what i would like to do is IF column header Contains 'NUM'  then change text to 'Red'

something like that

so if the below is the main table

John_SmithNum_1Roger_AllenNum_2John_M_RogersNum_3West_Coast_BankNum_4

Then the desired output would be the below

John_SmithNum_1Roger_AllenNum_2John_M_RogersNum_3West_Coast_BankNum_4

i tried using the Dynamic Files Create Column rule but when i do the following - Contains([_CurrentFieldName_], 'Num_') and change the text to red it changes the rows value to red in the Num_ column not the actual header

does anyone have a solution for this?

also just a note ... the Num_ columns will never be the same 1 run there might be 5 Num_ columns one time there might be 2 Num_ columns so i cant create a run on those specific columns as they are always changing.

thank you

1 REPLY 1
shancmiralles
10 - Fireball

hi! 

try this link 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Colour-coding-in-my-excel-outp...

a couple of sample WFs (i think were provided ) 

Labels