Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Summarizing similar rows

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to summarize count of workflow's failed because of similar error messages.

Example:

Wf IDError Message
1Error - toolId 19: Record #1: Tool #16: Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server
2Error - toolId 19: Record #2: Tool #16: Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server
3Error - toolId 19: Record #3: Tool #16: Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server
4Error - toolId -1: Unable to allocate memory

Error - toolId -1: User Canceled

Expected Output:

ErrorCount
Error - toolId 19: Record #1: Tool #16: Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server3
Error - toolId -1: Unable to allocate memory1
Error - toolId -1: User Canceled1

I tried using Fuzzy match and able to get 80% matching records but when i try to get unique values and summarize the data i am not still getting 3 rows and count as 1.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Yash

12 REPLIES 12
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Agarwal_Yash91 

Here is how you can do it. The difference is Record # 1, Record # 2 record number. I am removing the Record number.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628682409619.png

Hope this helps : )

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Maybe I'm not understanding . . . your expected output looks exactly what you'd get if you grouped by Error Message and also did "count" for Error Message using a summarize tool.  Is that not the case?

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

Tool Id, record ID can be different, resulting in incorrect result.

as in above example, first 3 rows has different record#.

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

removing all numbers might not help, actual error message can have some numbers and we dont want to loose them.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Agarwal_Yash91 

I am removing the number from record #1 format only it doesn't impact other numbers. Observer toolid numbers are still maintained record #1 since you are taking only first occurrence it wont be helpful.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Oh geez - I didn't even notice that the tool ids were different LOL.  Too early in the morning.  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Agarwal_Yash91 

You can do something like this. I am removing record number to generalize and use it for groupby actual data remains the same.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628683435916.png

Hope this helps : )

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

This looks good but its too hard-coded around "Record #" and data i have shared is sample data ,5 rows out of 2.5k.

This row has almost all possible errors we can get in alteryx so trying to create and summarized view to get most frequent errors and most frequently failing workflows.

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

Probably a quick cup of coffee and then you can probably you can re-look into this and provide a solution 😛

Labels