Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SmartSheet Connector assigning wrong data type on input

RGressic
5 - Atom

What I am finding is that SmartSheets Connector is not allowing me to "correct" the data type prior to it entering the workflow.

For example, i have a column that has Site ID numbers listed in it. But some of those ID numbers also have letters in them.
When Alteryx goes to import them, it is saying the column is a INT32 even though there are rows with non-numeric characters in them. 

By it pre-assigning it the incorrect data type, the rows that have the non-numeric characters in them are filtered out and returns me NULL values.

I was planning on after importing the data into Alteryx to filter out the non-numeric characters but i can not get that far because the data at initial input was pre-filtered out.

I attempted a SQL Query with a CAST and CONVERT but did not import the other rows, still seeing a NULL value. 
In addition, because of this, i get a warning from Alteryx saying i should change the fields to a W_VString but I can not prior to the import.

Is there a solution to address this? Is there a way to do a SQL query to resolve that?
This isn't the first time i have ran across this issue but it is the first time i have discovered it is causing a problem.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
19 - Altair

are you connecting via odbc or api?

Labels