Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Schedule workflow one after another

swarajjoshi
7 - Meteor

I have 2 workflow which I want to schedule one after another. They don't have any dependencies between them and also I'm not getting any output from the first workflow as its a Python code and thus I can't use Crew Macros like Runner etc. Any other way just to run them one after another?

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You can use the Events tab on the workflow and add a run command event to occur after the workflow.  

You'd use the AlteryxEngineCmd executable which will be wherever you installed Alteryx.  I always boost up the timeout as well as I think the default is 30 seconds or something and most my modules take way longer than that.

2020-10-22 07_48_33-Clipboard.png

swarajjoshi
7 - Meteor

I tried running this @mbarone , but it is giving me the following error - Start: Designer x64: Started running D:\Test\FinalFileNotFound.yxmd at 10/22/2020 18:19:06 Info: Python (1): ['ABC.pdf'] Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #1: The external program "D:\Users\Swaraj\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 2: The operation completed successfully. (0) End: Designer x64: Finished running FinalFileNotFound.yxmd in 31.2 seconds with 1 error

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmm...is your D:\ drive on your server?  If not, it should be the full UNC path.

Labels