Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SQL server connection confusion

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

When I use Output Data connection tool and with Alteryx Server I connect to a server in the write to file or database box I see aka:<dbserver>||||<tablename>.  I'm missing where the database name is identified.  When I run the script I get an error back on Output Data connection noting:  Error: Output Data (6): Error running TRUNCATE table "EXCEL_WIN10_APP_TEST_STATUS": [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "EXCEL_WIN10_APP_TEST_STATUS" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.  In the database ESS_Reporting_ETL the table does exist and I have access to it.

I'm confused that the tool knows exactly what table in what database to update.  Ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jeffv 

These problems are very unique for each case, so we definitely need a bigger picture of the scenario involved.

Do you have printscreens of how your workflow is set up, errors, connection setup, etc?

Cheers,

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @jeffv 

Alteryx knows the DB and Table, cause you're using a connections alias (The "aka:" part).

You can access to those connections in Advanced Options -> Manage Data Connections.

manage data conns.PNG 

HenrietteH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jeffv 

If you ever need to (for whatever reason), you can also add the database name to the table name, like this: 

2019-06-07_9-59-35.png

Henriette Haigh
Technical Product Manager - Data Connectors
Alteryx, Inc.

Abimelek
5 - Atom

This worked for me. Thank you for posting.

Labels