Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SIMPLE TRANSPOSE, HOW IS IT DONE?

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to do a simple transpose like we do in excel.

My worksheet is like the image 1.jpg, I need to do a simple transpose so it shows like the image 2.jpg.

Can you guys help me accomplish that? I attached the sample excel file. 

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Interesting @jbichachi003 - I like your workaround to those annoying Crosstab problems!

thank you all for your inputs! 😁 Problem solved!

jbichachi003
9 - Comet

Hi @CoG, cool macro. I happened to also create a macro for fun which does this very thing. Unlike your macro, mine is iterative, handling each row one at a time, pivoting it, and then outputting it before going on to the next row. I also included the CReW Expect Equal macro into this workflow (not the iterative macro) to test the results against the Excel version. The only extra thing I needed was a Select tool to update the data types and remove the "Original Column Name" field.

This macro assumes the first column is the column that contains the new desired column names and the starting column headers cannot contain any data that will need to be pivoted.

Labels