Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Split a csv file into several outputs

Monserrat_Avila
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

I have the following situation:

I have a csv file as an input data, what I need is to split the Results into more than 1 output because I will have more than 10 million records (in my test there are only 293,550).

Can anybody help me figuring out how can I do that, pls?

I attached my test.

Tks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
jbichachi003
9 - Comet

You could always use the Sample tool or even the Select Records tool to split up the data. But you should transform your entire data set and only split it off in the end.

Monserrat_Avila
6 - Meteoroid

Tks, I hadn´t considered those tools, I had in mind to only use Output Data as the only way to split the data.

jbichachi003
9 - Comet

The Output Data tool allows you to set a maximum number of records, but that wouldn't help you print any of the records that exceed that amount. You could, however, use the Output Data tool to group your records and therefore export to a number of different files based on that grouping. It would just depend if your data has any sort of groups that you can actually use.

Monserrat_Avila
6 - Meteoroid

Totally agree, tks for your help, I´m going to implement these advices to decide which one fits better to my project :)

Labels