Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicating excel formula in Alteryx

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

hope you are well. 

I need help. I need to replicate the excel formula in alteryx.

Please find attached the input and output.

The calculation for 

1) Avg column- Average of all the three months (But has to be dynamic) for eg. in future if i need to calculate for 2 months then it has be average of last 2 months.

2) Threshold - (IF([@[Average Full Access %]]>10%,"ABOVE THRESHOLD","WITHIN THRESHOLD"))

3) Trend - IF(OR([@[May Count Full Access %]]<10%,[@[June Count Full Access %]]<10%),"RECOVERING AND WITHIN TOLERANCE","INCREASING UPPER LEVELS OF TOLERANCE") - Here the month has to be dynamic because in future it will be based on 2, 3 or 4 or 6 months.

Please let me know how to go about it,

thanks

27 REPLIES 27
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @sriniprad08 

to make sure I understand the ask correctly.
in the current workflow, regardless of the first months (eg July, April, May, Jan etc… ) the data is always compared for the three months. So the “dynamic” starting month is already effective.

do you mean to vary the number of months to be compared? 
dawn 

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @DawnDuong ,

Thank you for the kind reply. Yes correct. Currently it's kind of manual like below example from the work flow.

Current situation - [Base_month_plus_1]<3 and [Base_month_plus_2]<3 and [Base_month_plus_3]<3 and [Base_month_plus_4]<10 and [Base_month_plus_5]<3 

so if any addition of month i have to write something like below manually. adding [Base_month_plus_6]<3 

[Base_month_plus_1]<3 and [Base_month_plus_2]<3 and [Base_month_plus_3]<3 and [Base_month_plus_4]<10 and [Base_month_plus_5]<3 <[Base_month_plus_6]<3 

and can it be dynamic please like i can select any random month instead of manually adding?

Thanks,

if IsNull([Base_month_plus_1]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_2]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_3]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_4]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_5]) then "There are not enough data"
elseif [Base_month_plus_1]<3 and [Base_month_plus_2]<3 and [Base_month_plus_3]<3 and [Base_month_plus_4]<10 and [Base_month_plus_5]<3 then "RECOVERING AND WITHIN TOLERANCE"
else "INCREASING UPPER LEVELS OF TOLERANCE"
endif

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Can you provide sample data for the above usecase.

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thanks for the reply. The data and the sample workflow created by @DawnDuong  is already there.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

You can use transpose tool and summarize to create a dynamic formula.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1635319514149.png

Hope this helps : )

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thank you so much for taking time in helping out. Sorry i didnt understand the workflow or may be i was not clear in my requests.

Can you please explain me in detail about the workflow you added ? Is the below Current formula and the Modified one are the simliar?

Current formula 

if IsNull([Base_month_plus_1]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_2]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_3]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_4]) or IsNull([Base_month_plus_5]) then "There are not enough data"
elseif [Base_month_plus_1]<10 and [Base_month_plus_2]<10 and [Base_month_plus_3]<10 and [Base_month_plus_4]<10 and [Base_month_plus_5]<10 then "RECOVERING AND WITHIN TOLERANCE"
endif

Modified one.

if [CountNull_Value]>0
then "There are not enough data"
elseif [Min_Change]>0
then "RECOVERING AND WITHIN TOLERANCE"
endif

Thanks,

Sri

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Sorry my bad misread it i have made corrections now.

atcodedog05_1-1635320837095.png

1. Using summarize tool I am getting the max of value.

2. Using summarize tool I am getting the null count too.

Formula

if [CountNull_Value]>0 // If any month columns were null then count would greater than 0
then "There are not enough data"
elseif [Max_Value]<10 // If any month columns were greater than 10 then Max_value would be greater than 10
then "RECOVERING AND WITHIN TOLERANCE"
endif

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

No problem. Thank you so much. One question is this can be dynamic interms of user input. 

For e.g. like below the 5 months are compared suppose user would like to compare last 2 months or 3 months or 4 months etc..

How can we go about it please?

Thanks,

elseif [Base_month_plus_1]<10 and [Base_month_plus_2]<10 and [Base_month_plus_3]<10 and [Base_month_plus_4]<10 and [Base_month_plus_5]<10 then "RECOVERING AND WITHIN TOLERANCE"
endif

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

You can make changes in the highlighted sample tool. To set it to last 2 or last 3 months.

atcodedog05_0-1635322418973.png

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Great. Thank you so much. 🙂 . Will go through it and get back .

Cheers,

Sri

Labels