Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Tool - How to apply a footer to just the first page of PDF

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi all,

Is it possible to just apply a footer to just one page of a PDF render? Particularly I'm looking to just apply it to the first page. 

IraWatt_0-1654080805830.png

Thanks for any feedback,

Ira 

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @IraWatt 

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to tell the Render tool to only put a footer on the 1st page.

The way I would try to do it would be to create your 1st page separately and add a footer to it. Then use a Join and Layout tool (Vertical with Section breaks) to combine it with the rest of your data before sending it to the Render tool.

In my example I used the footer tool, but you can also use a Text tool for the footer part if you want.

DavidP_0-1654096763451.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks that is an awesome work around @DavidP ! 

elsieahteck
7 - Meteor

Hello @DavidP,

I tried to use the Report Text instead of the Footer but then it is not considered as a footer anymore.

See attached workflow please.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @elsieahteck 

You have to manually manipulate the Text to ensure it fits on the 1st page - this will be a trial and error process in this case. It's actually the same when you use a footer tool like in y last example.

elsieahteck
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot @DavidP 😀👍

Labels