Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading a .GZ file via Alteryx

Bhawna_Sardana
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone -

I am trying to read a .GZ file via Alteryx 'Input Data tool' but its giving me an error - No File specified in zip/gzip archieve

Can the team please advise me how to read a .GZ file ( The file is really huge)

Thanks

Bhawna

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Bhawna_Sardana - Yes, indeed. You did not specify a file in the archive. Please select a file that you would like to read:

GZ.jpg

You may also want to review the following documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/data-sources/gzip-file-support.html#gzip-file-support 

Bhawna_Sardana
5 - Atom

Hi there - thanks for your reply

but here is what i have in my workflow 

The file path has specified in 'Connect a File or Database ' section 

and in the File in Archive section - it only displays an option for 'Parse file as ,csv'

I have attached the snapshot and it still gives me an error stating that - 'Can't find the file'

Please let me know.

Thanks

Bhawna

Christian_K
5 - Atom

Yes, I also have this error. Alteryx automatically assumes that the filename in the .gz-file is "datafile.csv", and one does not have the possibility to change the file name. I then tried to open the workflow-file with a text editor and search & replace the "datafile.csv" into the correct name of the file inside the .gz-file. But it still does not find a file in the .gz archive.

If the file is zipped as a .zip-file, it is no problem and Alteryx allows selecting the file inside the archive. Unfortunately our data supplier does not offer sending the file zipped as .zip.

Am I overlooking something, or was someone able to solve this issue?

(Alteryx-Version: 2022.3.1.430)

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels