Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading Excel Files with cells having Div/0

sandeepmp
5 - Atom

I have an excel file that could potentially have Div/0 cells. The requirement is to throw an error if there are any such cells. In Alteryx, I see these are coming in as Null. Blanks cells are also represented by Nulls. Please advise if there is a way in designer to be able to identify Div/0?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @sandeepmp 

Can you elaborate more on the use case? Can't you do this division in Alteryx and throw an error if the denominator is zero? TY!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@sandeepmp 

I hope there is another better way but based on test, we can change the column containing "Div/0" to a Text format. then the "Div/0" can be brought in.

0719-sandeepmp.PNG0719-sandeepmp-1.PNG

sandeepmp
5 - Atom

@christine_assaad I am getting a file in a folder by an automated process. We don't want to replicate the calculation logic in Alteryx. Special processing is required in case the file contains div/0 cells.

@Qiu Since the file is coming to a folder by an automated process, we will not have access to modify the columns to be text.

sandeepmp
5 - Atom

@Qiu  I kind of used your idea and read the file as if there are no headers. Alteryx then read all the columns as text. I then used the dynamic rename tool to use the data in the first row as headers. Now I am able to capture div/0 cells. Thank You for your input!

Labels