Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python code disappearing in Alteryx Designer

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I'm using Alteryx Designer 2022.1 and have started writing Python code.  All seemed okay at first, but what I'm noticing is that when I either copy and paste the code to make changes while saving the original code, or saving and re-opening the workflow, all the code is gone from the Python tool or I get the following:

NeilFisk_0-1671638755334.png

This is highly disappointing.  The following article says this was fixed in 2021.3 so why am I still seeing it in a newer version?

DE33677: Jupyter Notebook 404 Not Found Error - Alteryx Community

Has anyone else run into this problem and what is the fix?

Regards,

Neil

4 REPLIES 4
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Are you using AMP Engine? 

dougperez_0-1671641182210.png

In the same link that you have shared, it has a "solution":

Before the Error occurs: 

Using Production Mode will avoid getting the 404 Error (if you need to use AMP). When making edits to your code, you can go back to Interactive Mode but make sure to switch back from Interactive to Production Mode when you want to run the workflow.

Try these but you should open a case (in the support page).

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar
NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I've tried almost everything as described in the discussions.  I've turned off AMP and had a simple code that worked, saved the file, and upon re-opening GONE.  They should delete the tool if it doesn't work as intended.  At this point, I have to step outside of Alteryx and use something that works.

vijaysuryav93
7 - Meteor

Hi @NeilFisk , The best solution to this is to wrap python code into a macro and make sure the macro that contains python code is locked (Please keep a copy of the original workflow/macro, because once it is locked we would not be able to open it again). Now use the locked macro in your workflow.

Labels