Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python SDK unpredictable ii_push_records.

AaronKinney2
6 - Meteoroid

Scenario

In our SDK we are implementing 2 child classes rather than 1 class in the SDK examples:

• The first class implements username, password and database from an incoming connector.
  • The second class retrieves a sql statement from an incoming connector.

These two classes were set up to return their values using get statements that are implemented in the pi_close. In the pi_close, a connection to a database is made using these methods and the results are pushed downstream. It was out assumption that the two ii_push_records would have executed by the time the pi_close ran.

What we are seeing

What we are experiencing is that one of the child ii_push_records is running  followed by the pi_close. After these two are processed, the second ii_push_record is processing. Since the body of our code is being executed in pi_close, only half of what we need is present on execute. 

Is this a bug? We wouldnt expect to see the pi_close fire prior to the second ii_push_record.

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@AaronKinney2,

No solution I can provide, however, you may have more success posting this question in the DEV board.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/bd-p/developer-discussions

AaronKinney2
6 - Meteoroid

I really appreciate you pointing that out. I have moved it.

Labels