Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server tool

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I recently installed Alteryx on a new PC and I am running into an issue with the Publish to Tableau Server tool (PTTS tool) not being found when opening existing workflows.

Did an Alteryx admin installation and included an extra path to search for macros, a network share where common macros are kept. I can now find and add the PTTS tool, as well as the other macros to new workflows.

However, when opening existing workflows with PTTS, I get this: Per_0-1605730692628.png while the other macros work just fine.

I then tried installing the PTTS macro through the .yxi file provided, but that did not solve the issue.

Looking at the xml code of the workflows, I can see that existing workflows references PTTS with just a single value:

<EngineSettings Macro="Publish to Tableau Server.yxmc" />

Whereas a new workflow created by me is longer

<EngineSettings Macro="PublishToTableauServer_v2.0.0\Supporting_Macros\PublishToTableauServer.yxmc" EngineDll="Macro" EngineDllEntryPoint="PublishToTableauServer_v2.0.0\Supporting_Macros\PublishToTableauServer.yxmc" />

So I assume this is causing my version of the macro to not be found when opening older workflows, however I am stumped how to fix it without potentially breaking them for everyone else. Does anyone have a suggestion?

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Per,

did you already solve it?

In general the Publish to Tableau Server Tool is now delivered with the installation of Designer. So there is no need to install a yxi on top.

The Plugin should be in this directory

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\PublishToTableauServer_v2.0.0

This is the same path you see when creating a new workflow.

The "small" XML reference you posted looks like a Macro reference.

Maybe when adding this path to your personal macro settings it will help.

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\PublishToTableauServer_v2.0.0\Supporting_Macros

On the other hand I'd recommend to simply "search & replace" for the old string to update it to the most recent one.

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidSta 

Yes, thanks. I was in contact with one of your colleagues in Support. Just forgot to close this one, oops!

The issue was that I could not update it and break for the rest of the team, and the issue was apparently that it was a much older version of the macro 🙂

Labels