Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with Generating Rows

TormentMaker
8 - Asteroid

Afternoon guys. So i got a problem with the Generate Rows tool in alteryx, i have a table with two Date values, one is called Data and the other Source_Data, each actual row does have an username, but i want to break each one of these rows in the quantity of days between Date and Source_Date (Knowing that Data is always smaller than Source_Data), the problem is, when i do this, i can get the result i want but only with the usernames that start with the "A" letter, and then when it goes to B like "Beatrix", it just cut and stop generating any other row

Example.png

14 REPLIES 14
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TormentMaker 

Based on your previous comment what you can do is take only a list of unique data date and source date generate rows for them and later you can join them back using Join tool and keys as data & source date column.

Hope this helps 🙂

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Did you convert to date in a select tool? that doesn't work 75% of the time...

Can you post your workflow - or a datasample?

Two more crazy questions:

1) is it possible that one of the [data]'s is already greater than [source date]? That could be a problem. I mean it should execute once and stop - but it could be a problem.

2) could there be an empty or null record? Check on browse. That also could be your problem.

TormentMaker
8 - Asteroid

Seems like a good idea, i'll try to do this and see if it works, but for any results, thanks everyone for trying to help!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @TormentMaker 

In order to conserve memory, the results window at any output anchor only shows partial results 

danilang_2-1621087263033.png

When you scroll the results, they will just stop at some point.  The rows are all still there, it's just that they don't display.  To view all the data connect a browse tool which is the only tool that displays all the data.  

danilang_1-1621087201597.png

The number of rows shown is actually based on the amount of RAM used to create the display.  That's why you were able to show more data when you removed the relatively large Username field using the Select tool.  You can change the option in your user settings but the default value is set based on your system and is meant to give a good balance between amount if information displayed and over all RAM used

danilang_4-1621087691289.png

Dan

TormentMaker
8 - Asteroid

Hi Dan, yeah, that's exactly what i needed! in fact it was a memory problem, when i've seen your message and checked on my alteryx, it was the same thing, i had like, 200k + of rows that where created but not listed 

Labels