Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Populate each data in a cell (multiple tab based on 2 fields)

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Asking if Alteryx is capable of capturing the details to be populated in each cell in a table.

Attached is the input and output tab.

Sheet name is a combination of column E- column G.  Filename is provided in the input file.

5 REPLIES 5
MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @PassION_es, it looks like your outputs are heavily formatted Excel files. For this case, you can use the Blob tools to output to a formatted Excel file. Check out this blog by @NicoleJ for a tutorial: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Blob-Reporting-That-Isn-t-From-a-Horror-Film/ba-p/... 

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

hi @MeganBowers , thanks for this.  Blob tools are new for me. I checked and read the blog and realized that that is what I am looking for however, the only challenge I am facing now is that I am looking for something that would create multiple tabs using the combination of 2 data from the 2 columns/fields as sheet name. The example workflow shared in the blog only output one file with only 1 tab. My output should creat different files containing multiple sheet names. If you can help me share with me the link with the same case as mine, it would be helpful. 

MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

This blog has a great tutorial on outputting multiple Excel tabs: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/How-to-Render-to-Multiple-Named-Excel-Sheets/ba-p/1015...

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Hi @MeganBowers, the goal is to input a data of each cell in the report, before saving into multiple sheets.  So I will still need to use BLOB input and output.

The blog you mentioned is to output multiple excel tabs only which i already know and used. However, the problem is not able multiple sheets only. The first problem is how to enter the data of each line item to each of the cell in the report when you have hundreds of line items. The 2nd is how to output hundreds of line items in multiple sheets with the same formatting same as attached.

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Thank you @MeganBowers . I think I have figured out the right solution.

Labels