Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Populate Time zone along with Timestamp

NidhinGD
Meteoro

Hi

I am trying to populate time zone is a DateTime field but i was not getting any option to do teh same.

Is this possible in Alteryx in some way.

Field Value : 2022-10-19 11:10:18

Required output : 2022-10-19 11:10:18 UTC

But the output field should remain as a date time field

If I use DateTimeFormat ([Datefield],"%Y-%m-%d %H:%m:%S %Z") is will give me Local Timezone, even if i apply DateTimeToUTC() prior to formatting

Formula used : DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToUTC(DateTimeNow()),"%Y-%m-%d %H:%m:%S %Z")

I understand that we can cast it to string and add UTC as a suffix. I am looking for an option if i can keep eth field as a DateTime field after adding the suffix (UTC)

Thanks in Advance

Nidhin David

2 RESPOSTAS 2
DataNath
Castor

@NidhinGD unfortunately there's no way to maintain the DateTime data type whilst adding the time zone suffix. Alteryx only recognises ISO formats (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS) and anything else will be processed as a string. Is there a particular use case you're precious to keep the data type for? Perhaps we can just adjust your downstream approach if so. Hope the info helps, more about DateTime here: https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/datetime-functions

NidhinGD
Meteoro

@DataNath 

Thanks. I was trying to avoid a query statement for Table creation. Since I am not able to add Timezone to the values, i have created a macro to create the required table as a Pre SQL in Output tool. That way i can keep the data type and value as needed.

Rótulos