Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output File Path doesn't save after saving

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Hello 

I'm running into an issue whereby the file path I have set for my output isn't saving after I save it. It goes back to this? 

qgpl_0-1680267043582.png

Would this be a security/permission folder issue?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Cheshta22
6 - Meteoroid

Cheshta22_0-1680267686073.png

Try choosing the dropdown rather than adding the file path by yourself. Click on dropdown -> Choose .CSV -> Select location -> Add file name and RUN workflow

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, this didn't work :(

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@qgpl this sounds more like a bug, the output tool should allow you to put any file path in there and it should just error if there is a permissions issue. If you create a new workflow and try output to that location what does it do? I would also try outputting just to your desktop and see if that works with the original workflow.

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt - thanks for your response. 

I have two of the same outputs for this file - one file path is working completely fine while the other doesn't. I even tried to use the full server file path as well as the shortened version but both don't work :(  

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@qgpl If it is the case that the workflow is not saving the updated Path then you could open a submit a case with Alteryx here :Support - Alteryx Community

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @IraWatt - I have submitted a case

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great @qgpl, will be interested to hear what the cause of it was.

vivianfranklin
5 - Atom

Has a resolution to this issue been found?  it is November 16, 2023 and I am having the same issue.  When I build my workflow in Designer and run it, my inputs and outputs work as expected.  However, when I save the workflow to the server, it changes my file path to the server and I lose my original connections.  

vivianfranklin
5 - Atom

I located the solution on another thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Why-does-alteryx-replace-file-...

Changing the '\' in the file path to '/' worked.

Labels