Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to Create Unique Column Based on Row Values

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

I hope that everyone is doing well.  

I have tried several variations of workflows that came to mind using the Cross Tab, Multi Row Formula, and even tried to trick the app into doing what I needed in "reverse" Transpose (I know...HUGE reach on this one).  

I need to be able to create one column for each item name on column A (sku_name).  The attached spreadsheet has my current format in the "Current" tab and what I need the result to be in the "Required" tab.

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Fausto

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Fescobar,

Is this what you were looking for?

IraWatt_0-1653502319050.png

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Hi .@IraWatt

Thank you for replying.  Yes, but the data under each product (sku_name) should only be the cur_price, 

Like this.Retailer File Requirement.jpg

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Fescobar, the price is there. Do you want other columns headers other then the SKU? What data do you want under each of the SKU columns?

IraWatt_0-1653509352289.png

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks again .@IraWatt

The only thing that should be under the product names i.e. Grey Goose Vodka (1.75L), Grand Marnier (750ml) should be the value for cur_price.   Everything else should be its own header.  Like this screenshot.Retailer File Requirement2.jpghe table below.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah nice ! @Fescobar  in that case all you need is cross tab :)

IraWatt_0-1653513890403.png

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt 

This is so simple, that its SMOKING HOT!!!

Thank you!!

Fausto

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Fescobar :D glad it worked for you ! 

Labels