Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with find and replace

wbrooksga12
6 - Meteoroid

I'm working on an assignment for school and I'm lost. The two relevant fields to this are Brand and Model. The incorrect value is "Apechete Crux" it should be "Jackson Crux" I just have no idea how to accomplish this with a formula in Alteryx. I've attached my workflow and the directions to this post. The Alteryx instructions start on page 9. The part I am stuck on is at the top of page 11. 

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@wbrooksga12 
So we will do the homework of yours?😁

1. your input data is missing, can you upload?

2. Try the ReplaceString Function, I think that is the one you are looking for.

Qiu_0-1607383281237.png

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I wasn't able to load your spreadsheet but here is my attempt without loading it. I assumed that the "Brand" field was the one needing updating.

Here is my formula:

Replace([Brand], 'Apechete Crux', 'Jackson Crux')

Replace Formula.PNG

You can also try uploading a packaged version of your workflow by going to Options>Export Workflow. This will package your excel file with the workflow when you upload it.

wbrooksga12
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Qui,

The whole assignment is 15 pages and has tableu, Alytrex and a paper portion but yeah, I'm desperate on this part. lol. I have uploaded a Alytrex file you should be able to open. I'm sorry about that. How does the function work without cell references? I've only used excel. 

wbrooksga12
6 - Meteoroid

I have uploaded the package in place of the file that wouldn't open. I'm trying this formula now. I'll be back with an answer in just a second. 

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Here is the formula I used. I find it easier than a find and replace:

IIF([Brand] == 'Apechete' AND [Model] == 'Crux', 'Jackson', [Brand])

I am basically using a conditional statement to find the combination of "Apechete' and 'Crux' and just updating the "Brand" column. The updated workflow is attached.

wbrooksga12
6 - Meteoroid

Brand and model are separate fields. I tried the formula you mentioned and it said  Formula (11) The field "" is not contained in the record. (Expression #1). I don't get it. Model is definitely a field in the input data.

wbrooksga12
6 - Meteoroid

You're unreal. That works. Thank you so much. I really, really appreciate it.

Labels