Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple selection in custom filters

Naveenhb
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a data set  having 20,000 records with 21 country's names. I need to apply multiple filters to arrive at value for each country. There are 5 filters applied for each country

common filters applied to each country

1. Country - country name filtered

2. VAT Code - vat code filters

Succeeding filters applied 

3.Address - selected country address

4. Code - some condition

5, Total tax amount - Amount 

If above 5 filters applied  I should arrive a value "matched" otherwise " no match". I have attached sample workflow. I need to have single formula containing all filters or how to reduce these multiple filters with less processing time. Please guide.

Naveenhb_0-1639768907839.png

4 REPLIES 4
dpakapd
8 - Asteroid

Have you tried using the 'AND'/'OR' logic when using the filters? You can use that to group the fields together. For example taking a quick look at your screenshot, you can combine the top row of filters as:

'VAT_CODE = S2' AND Contains([Address], "United Kingdom") AND (!Contains("Indemnified Employee")) AND ([Total_Tax]-[Amount]

>0).

I made a small example below:

dpakapd_1-1639770082714.png

dpakapd_0-1639769871533.png

dpakapd_2-1639770102289.png

Naveenhb
6 - Meteoroid

I tried this formula having AND /IF. but not getting desired result in "LBU COMMENTS-1"

Naveenhb_1-1639909253588.png

Naveenhb_0-1639909141207.png

the formula is not applying to all VAT codes like S2/R2/NV . Please guide 

dpakapd
8 - Asteroid

@Naveenhb :

You can simplify some of the workflow components by using the 'F' part of the filter rather than using a new filter. For example rather than have a filter for Contains([Address], "United Kingdom") and one more for !Contains([Address],"United Kingdom"), you can use the first filter alone and use the 'F' part of the filter's output for addresses that don't contain United Kingdom. This is just a tip for reducing the number of filters.

With regards to your question, it looks like you are applying a formula. I don't have the dataset you are working with. But rather than write a complicated formula, the same one can be written within the 'Filter' tool to filter out the results and then simply categorize them. 

Also from the screenshot, it looks like the sample output is giving "Check" and "No Issues". Do you have a screenshot of the output?

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Naveenhb - This is a use case for a batch macro. Please learn how to build one here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros 

Labels