Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi row formula

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have this situation:

A | B | C | D

----------------

x | y |  z | w

x | a | z | w

4 fields with multiple records but I'd like to handle this situation if 2 records or more have same values in same fields except one (in this example the B field) then filter out these records. The unique tool doesn't seem to have an utility here

10 REPLIES 10
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Istwineres within the Multi-row formula you can Group By fields.  Will this do the trick for you?

This link has a good example for you:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-use-group-by-in-Multi-row-formu...

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Istwineres ,

I came up with a solution but don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Regards

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

I'm looking at the example you shared, in my case I should group by field A, C and D but I still miss the expression

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

I'd like to remove or filter out these kind of records

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Istwineres,

In my example what I am doing is group by the columns and comparing the values on the results. If there are different values on the column it will post a 1 on the second one, if not, a 0 will be added. At last, what I do is filter out those who had a difference

Regards

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I understand but I've got a slightly different problem: if on multiple records 3 fields have same values remove/filter them:

F1 | F2 | F3 | F4

---------------------

x   |  y  |   z   |  w

x   |  a  |   z   |  w

In my example I'd like to have none of them in final output. Many thanks!

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Istwineres 

Is this what you are looking for?

I wasnt sure if you were trying to remove the fields that do not match or keep them.

Data Input:

pedrodrfaria_0-1615378984051.png

Output eliminating what matches:

pedrodrfaria_1-1615379006831.png

Keeping what matches:

pedrodrfaria_3-1615379079819.png

pedrodrfaria_4-1615379086518.png

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

just remove/filter the entire row if three fields have same value, so in this case the output should contains no rows

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@Istwineres 

I attached an updated version.

Is this what you are looking for?

I check to see if 3 or more fields have duplicate values, if they do, then filter those rows out.

pedrodrfaria_0-1615381304394.png

Labels