Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Ranking - skip numbers where there are duplicates

srea541
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have created a workflow that will use the multi-row formula tool to rank values depending on whether the next value in the table is a duplicate.

I currently have the following:

srea541_0-1669221116071.png

How would I update this workflow so that the duplicates "skip" a number when the rank is tied - like this:

srea541_1-1669221326361.png

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @srea541 

This ended up being more a tad more confusing than I expected so I expect someone else might chime in with something a bit more efficient but this works.

JamesCharnley_0-1669222224136.png

The first multi row was just to match what I assume you've got so far. Then I've added a Record ID to later reference in the Multi rows. The first multi-row after is then checking to see if there is any tied records before it, and if there is then it calls the record ID, which is its natural rank including the ties. This works for the first instance of that percentage only. Then that field is being updated in the second one to fill that rank down if it's less than the row before it. Hopefully that makes some sense, feel free to ask a question if not

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@srea541 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1669247271616.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris
srea541
8 - Asteroid

Thank you all! @binuacs your solution worked as required :)

Labels