Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro Design. Processing a list of triggers.

RquanEvernorth
6 - Meteoroid

I am reading a list of Active Triggers from a database.

For each trigger I want to pass the trigger value to Macro 1 to decide which process should execute for that trigger.

Once that is decided, I want to pass the trigger values to the Process Macros.  I'd like each of the Processes to be a Macro so that I can add new processes without impacting prior processes.

Repeat until all triggers have been processed.

I've made multiple attempts to build the macro that receives the triggers to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Macro.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you are passing just the control parameter value (trigger), you can enable/disable containers based on those triggers. You can even have multiple processes enabled at the same time if they are independent. I provided an example on how to enable/disable containers here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Trying-to-control-Input-Data-tool-exec... 

RquanEvernorth
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response Gabrielvilella!

I also found a solution in this link.  It educated me on the fact that I could pass multiple parameters to my Batch macro with multiple Control Parameters.

Those can then be assembled in to a text input.  

Now I have the single record passed in to my "For Each Trigger" Macro. 

Once I have that record assembled, it becomes a typical workflow with logic and transformations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIAbQGQ_Hkg

RquanEvernorth
6 - Meteoroid

Here's a visual for the solution stated above.

The key is to creates multiple Control Parmeters.

The Action Type is Update Cell.

The Text Input is the Record Layout for the Parameters.  

To the right are containers that execute based on the conditions from the parameters.

I join all of the output to funnel the results through a single output.

The Containers could be Macros which can then be created to make the design follow a modular design and minimize the risk of breaking other components.

Engine.jpg

Labels