Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to control Input Data tool execution based on List Box

LarryRippe
7 - Meteor

Currently, my workflow is retrieving data from 12 different sources, performing a union and then filtering the data based on the selection(s) from a List Box.  This is working but I want to improve the performance by only retrieving data from a source based on the List Box selection(s).  I think I need to plug a Condition tool in between the List Box and each of the Input Data tools but I can not get it to work when multiple interface tools are feeding into the Input Data tool.

Thoughts?

WorkFlow.png

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If I undertood this correctly, you are using the filter to filter data from one or more tables. You don't  want to retrieve data from tables you are not using. On this case, you can have each data input tool inside a container, then you enable/disable the container based on what you have in the list box tool. Here is an example:

gabrielvilella_0-1645641667650.png

LarryRippe
7 - Meteor

Thank you much for your guidance.  I was finally able to get my workflow to function as desired by selectively disabling containers based on the concept in the example.

Labels