Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Looping through a series of bank accounts

jy12352
5 - Atom

I have created an iterative macro to run a FIFO on one bank account but I now want to extend it to multiple bank accounts. Currently, I've done a shortcut in this workflow to manually filter each bank account and union the results, but i'm sure there is a better solution, especially if i was looking at a large number of bank accounts.  Is batch macro on top of the iterative macro the only solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@jy12352 
I am thinking to have a Batch Macro on top of the iterative macro.

If possible can you share the input file and macro?

2024-08-15 114429.png

CoG
13 - Pulsar

An Exported Workflow (go to Options -> Export Workflow) is much more helpful to share and will package all the elements, including datasets and macros, of your workflow (so make sure data is sample data).

I agree with @Qiu , a batch macro on top of the iterative may be the simplest way to go although you may be able to reconfigure your iterative macro to group by bank account and process all at once using only a single macro (no nesting).

Happy Solving!

jy12352
5 - Atom

Thanks for the reminder about how to properly export the workflow! First timer.

You both inspired me to try again and I figured out the batch + iterative macro. I did a few more tests through each of the bank accounts and realised it was because one of the bank accounts had an overdraft account i.e. withdrawals > deposits which was causing my iterative FIFO macro to go a bit crazy. Once i corrected that data/ put a formula to stop that issue, it worked like a gem. Thanks for the inspiration!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels