Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Linear regression "The R version 3.6.3 is not installed on this system"

alhabib
アトム

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Alteryx and learning it as part of my course in school. So I installed a fresh Alteryx 2020.3 along with it's respective analytics package - both admin versions. 

I tried to create a work flow with linear regression, I have the predictive icon in my toolbar at the top and I can drag linear regression onto the screen or tree maps, any and all of them. 

Any time I try to run any of those tools I get the message that "The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system". 

The steps I've taken after thoroughly going through the support website and speaking with support by email:

- I have done a clean removal. Through control panel, program data files and tried to remove the reg keys but I can't find them on my system.

- reinstalled 2020.3 + predictive tools package

- used revo uninstaller to uninstall everything since i still couldn't see the registry keys

-installed the fresh new 2020.4+predictive tools

still seeing the same error message. 

At this point my thoughts are that it's a installation path issue. But when I look at the program files for Alteryx I see that R is installed there.

Any help would be super appreciated

Thanks in advance,

AH

15件の返信15
Imba456
アトム

Any update on this issue by any chance? 

Ran into the same issue where the R plugins get installed but all the R components itself are missing.

Re-ran all installers today (both admin) to see if that would help resolve it but no luck.

Imba456_0-1616769183231.png

Likewise, there is no R folder in the user's App data:
C:\Users\(user_name)\AppData\Local\Alteryx\R-3.6.3 folder

Imba456_0-1616770171056.png

UgoAgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Imba456 

I am not sure what the root cause of this issue is, but we believe that Designer and Predictive tool installation are not completed properly due to system security settings.

Please could you raise this to Alteryx Support 

By sending an email to support@alteryx.com

Thanks

Imba456
アトム

Cheers, will do

FreddyFeng
メテオロイド

Have you resolve the missing zip problem? I just also saw 2 files

FreddyFeng
メテオロイド

I have the same problem as you, have you resolve the problem now?

robbinrv
アステロイド

I believe it was a specific problem with that version for some users. support@alteryx.com helped with different installers.

Haven't run into any problems with more recent versions

ラベル