Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join Output showing only 1 record rather than 8

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

I imported 2 datasets and joined. Before joining, I used unique tool to segregate unique and non-unique. The join output is only showing 1 record. Expectation is 8 records. Attached "ACH-CUSTOM" and "precision_mapping_" files. For ACH_CUSTOM, I configured Output file name as field as "File Name Only" in order to join with precision_mapping's "Raw Table Name" key. As you all can see, both files have 8 records each so the expectation from Alteryx is to have output of 8 rows. Attached "join workflow" output shows only 1 record.

9 REPLIES 9
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hi @alteryxuser_1184 

Could you please provide the workflow so that we could explore how you've configured it?

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

join workflow is attached. Is it blocked?

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

I see you've attached a picture of the workflow but not the workflow itself. 

The other two files are your inputs.

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

yes those 2 files are inputs. How to attach the workflow?

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

When in Alteryx, go to file>save as>browse and you'll be able to save your workflow to your desktop and attach to this thread.

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

attached

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Is this what you are looking to do? 

Please mark this solution as resolved if it answers your problem!

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

yes this works. So we always use RECORD ID tool as a key?

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

As long as your precision mapping table has the fields ordered in the same order that matches the "Field ID" field from your ACH custom table, this will work because the record id will = the field number.

Another way to do this would be to standardize your field labels and use that as the way to join your two datasets.

Labels