Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Internal error: Unexpected error in table

bthursti
7 - Meteor

I am receiving an error while trying to create a pivot table in the table preparation add on. I do not know how to fix the error and it is not giving me any more information, would someone be able to help me with the following error I have attached? Internal error: unexpected error in table.

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti Can you provide the workflow in the zip format so that the input files will be included (options-Export workflow)

bthursti
7 - Meteor

Sure, let me know if this didn't work. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @bthursti, if you disable AMP engine in your runtime settings, does that help?

DataNath_0-1681230408695.png

Seems to work after running that:

DataNath_1-1681230471376.png

Whilst the Table tool has been converted without comment, this may be something to do with the behaviour of the Cross-Tab tool whilst AMP is enabled:

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/tool-use-amp

bthursti
7 - Meteor

That did, Thank you!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti Another option add a new table tool and try again, that working for me

binuacs_0-1681235741517.png

bthursti
7 - Meteor

Thank you. How do I export this pivot table into an Excel file?

bthursti
7 - Meteor

Do you know how to export the pivot table into an excel file?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti Add a render tool and in the render tool configuration output mode - select choose a specific output file and give the path in the output file option with the excel file name

bthursti
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Is there a way to do this within an existing file? When I chose the file I want it outputted to it wants to replace the whole file and lose the current data in it. 

Labels