Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface Tools for Long Text

MattBenj
9 - Comet

I am building an app to that allows user to send out mass emails based on a few excel files. I want to build this app in a dynamic way so it can be used across accounts and departments. In order to do this I want to let the user enter their own text for the body of the email. Right now I am doing this with 5 text input tools which I piece together with a Report Text tool.

Are there other interface tools that I can use that would allow a user to enter their own formatted text? I would like to replace the Intro, Body, Closing, and Name fields with one interface tool that would allow a user to enter text that includes tab, blank lines, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MattBenj, you could probably replace the multiple Text Boxes with a single Text Box tool, and check the Multiline option in it. This will allow the user to adjust the size of the text area and type-in their long text. The solution tends to be more flexible when working with Chrome browsers.

AbhilashR_0-1587661786089.png

Interface on the Gallery:

AbhilashR_1-1587662054558.png

Let us know if this helps.

MattBenj
9 - Comet

Thanks @AbhilashR . I saw this option in the Tool Example workflow but that workflow used a Text To Columns tool to immediately split into multiple separate rows which threw me off. I'm glad it was an easy solution!

Labels