Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input Data Tool - Lock the Teradata SQL Query

jeevan2022
5 - Atom

Hello Community! I am new to the Alteryx Designer and learning everyday as the part of work.

I have a use-case, where I am using the Input Data Tool in Alteryx Designer, to input the Teradata SQL query with the File Format ODBC Database (odbc:). If I run the SQL query in Teradata vs the Alteryx Designer, the Alteryx output is majorly compromised in comparison with the original data from the Teradata though the number of output records are same.

Alteryx Designer is not throwing any errors and successfully parsing the SQL query. Upon checking the inputted SQL query in the Alteryx, I figured out that the Input Data tool is transforming/beautifying the query by eliminating comments and additional changes. 

I tried by checking on the "Read Uncommitted" option provided by the Input Data tool but there is no difference in the output.

Any thoughts on how to lock the inputted SQL query or run the "literal SQL" pasted without any transformations by the tool?

0 REPLIES 0
Labels