Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Indicate what char is failing the Regex rule

Masond3
Asteroide

Hey All,

i have a requirement of identifying certain special set of characters which are allowed in a field, if the data in the field doesn’t meet then criteria  then it  should be highlighted  as a defect.

i have the following formula which is giving me mixed results.

if
REGEX_MATCH(trim([FirstName]),'[A-Za-z0-9\.\·\`\,\,\ \-\\ÀÈÌÒÙàèìòùÁÉÍÓÚÝáéíóúýÂÊÎÔÛâêîôûÃÑÕãñõÄËÏÖÜŸäëïöüŸ¡¿çÇŒœßØøÅåÆæÞþÐð]+') = 0 

then 'F'
else 'T'
endif

Do you know if it’s possible to produce a column to indicate what character is failing the rule ?

Expected outcome

LastNamechar failing
Lëmpar 

5 RESPUESTAS 5
Raj
Nebula

@Masond3 Please find attached
also i think there are 2 questions going for same
please mark as done for both as this will solve the problem.

Masond3
Asteroide

@Raj just seen a similar post that you responded to. . I will follow that and mark this as closed  . 
NB:  you able to share a screen shot of workflow / outcome ? 

Raj
Nebula

i Will be not able to share the screen shot but you can reffer to the workflow
I can paste the formulas if you want

Masond3
Asteroide

@Raj i could wait untill tomorrow to check it out. But I am impatient. 😂. If not to much trouble can you paste the formulas ? And when I’m at a computer i will check the wf out 

Raj
Nebula

@Masond3 no worries, please like all the solutions provides
1- REGEX_Match([LastName], '[^A-Za-z0-9\.\·\`\,\,\ \-\\ÀÈÌÒÙàèìòùÁÉÍÓÚÝáéíóúýÂÊÎÔÛâêîôûÃÑÕãñõÄËÏÖÜŸäëïöüŸ¡¿çÇŒœßØøÅåÆæÞþÐð]')

2-IF [InvalidCharCheck] = "-1" THEN
REGEX_Replace([LastName], '[A-Za-z0-9\.\·\`\,\,\ \-\\ÀÈÌÒÙàèìòùÁÉÍÓÚÝáéíóúýÂÊÎÔÛâêîôûÃÑÕãñõÄËÏÖÜŸäëïöüŸ¡¿çÇŒœßØøÅåÆæÞþÐð]', '')
ELSE
""
ENDIF

Etiquetas