Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Ideas to fix this? Windows security patch prevents the Jet driver from reading .xls files

cralva
5 - Atom

Error: Output (1): ol #1: The 2017-10-10 Windows security patch prevents the Jet driver from reading .xls files; install the 2010 32-bit Access driver

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There's a driver available online to read older Excel extensions like .xls: Access Driver Install for .xls File Acess - Alteryx Community

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Looks like the link in the article is out of date, but this should work:Download Update for Microsoft Access 2010 (KB4018363) 32-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Downloa...

cralva
5 - Atom

Thank you, Alex, for your assistance. I greatly appreciate your effort in sharing the drivers with me. However, despite trying them all, none work with my computer and Windows version. As a result, I couldn't install the necessary driver to resolve the issue.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cralva sorry to hear that! Hopefully you'll be able to find the correct one for your computer soon.

Labels