Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I want to compare 2 fields (both have company name) and get matching name from field 2

GideonM
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying luck hard using Fuzzy Match tool but no lead. Looks like for fuzzy match to work, we need to bring all the names in one field. Please note I want to compare field 1 with field 2 and get matching result from field 2. Below is one made-up example;

Field 1Field 2
Matrix Co.Matrix company Ltd.
Entrico INC.Matrix Co. 15.2%
 Entrico Incopora.
 Google Inc.
 Facebook
 AAPL
 Entrico FIXED 9.0% PVT

2 REPLIES 2
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

With fuzzy match, you are correct all your data needs to be in one column, however there are two modes (merge and purge). 

The easiest way to show you how to configure the tool for the merge mode, which is what you want when comparing data from two fields is to look at the example workflow which can be found in Designer under [Help - Sample Workflows - Learn one tool at a time - join - fuzzy match].

In here is an example of how to configure the fuzzy match tool for merging data which is what you are after. The output will be the matches from column 2 against the data in column 1, so you will be able to then build your workflow from there.

cgoodman3_0-1665561554682.png

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
GideonM
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @cgoodman3  - this resolved my issue partially.. appreciate it.

Labels