Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I need to read multiple excel file form the same directory

dubeysau
5 - Atom

I need to read multiple excel file from the same directory and sheet name is unique for each file - can someone help? 

7 REPLIES 7
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Do they all have one sheet each to read in?

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cjaneczko I agree this will help (one of my favorite articles), but it doesn't directly cover if the files have multiple sheets / differing sheet names!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dubeysau have a look at this solution from this post. You will need a Batch macro to first find the sheet names then potentially another batch macro to read the data. I say potentially as that second part of reading the data from the sheets in the excel file could be done by a Dynamic Input however the schema would need to be the same. However I typically follow the approach in the solution on that post as the schema can be changed very easily or by accident.

Raj
16 - Nebula

@dubeysau 
please add some more details of the problem faced

till time a batch macro is added to read multiple sheets from multiple file from same directory 
hope this will help.

dubeysau
5 - Atom

Yes, all the excel files has only 1 sheet to read

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Then multiple of the solutions presented could work for you - try them out and let us know what else is needed

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels