Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to update/paste values from an from select control to an existing sheet of excel file.

Nobbie369
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I am not able to update the values from this select control to an existing sheet in my output excel sheet. When I place the excel output, it is asking me to specify new sheet. I do not want to save the data to new sheet, instead I want to update the values in a specific sheet in my excel. Can somebody help me with some idea?

image.png                image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Raj
15 - Aurora

@Nobbie369 can you explain your problem in detail

Nobbie369
6 - Meteoroid

As you can see in the picture, I have some values coming from select control. I want to update these values to an existing sheet in excel. I don't want the complete sheet to overwrite, but just the columns that are coming from the select.

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Nobbie369 
you can use the method to selecting range
create a new filed where you will be defining the range and sheet into the file
[Output File] + "|||sheet name$B1:H20"

the example will only update values in range B1:H20

you can change as per your requirement

hope this helps

Nobbie369
6 - Meteoroid

@Raj Could you tell me how to select current sheet for writing? When ever I give the excel file to the output control, it is asking me to select new sheet (sheet1).

Labels