Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to use alteryx designer to access and Process XML Links?

Ryanz3653
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community,

I'm working on a report for my job and need some guidance. Here's the process and logic I'm following, as shown in the screenshot below:

1. List of IDs: I have a list of IDs.
  2. SQL Database Connection: I connect to an SQL database to find these IDs using a join.
  3. XML Links: Each ID has a unique XML link containing the necessary information.
  4. Extract Information: I extract the information from each XML link and convert it to a table-like format.

I have no issue completing the step 3 to step 4, where I convert the XML data to a table-like format. However, I'm struggling with step 2 to step 3, particularly accessing the XML links.

For example, if I have 100 IDs, I want to convert all 100 XML links to the table format in step 4. Any advice on how to access and process these XML links efficiently, any approach of how to make this happen?

I hope it is clear, thank you for your help!

Screenshot 2024-07-12 153229.png

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
19 - Altair

assuming there is a link between your db and your xml link (or more correctly api) - you create your 100 api calls and send them to endpoints via the download tool.

Labels