Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to configure JavaScript Plugin Output Only Connector

stizz001
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am taking the example given with the install called JavascriptPluginExample and modifying it for my use.  Currently, I do not need it to have an input and an output. Instead, it only needs an output.  However, when I try to remove this....

<InputConnections>
<Connection Name="Input1" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="True" Type="Connection" Label="T"/>
</InputConnections>

From the Config file, and then remove...

IncomingConnections: [{
type: "Input1",
GroupInfo: {
count: 0,
grouping: "false"
}
}],

from the engine file, the connector will not longer work and instead take forever to run, and then timeout.  I guess I am just confused as to what all needs to be removed from these files to get it to be only an output connector and have no input. In a response, if you could take the example given in the install, and remove what all needs removing for it to work, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,

Steven

1 REPLY 1
stizz001
5 - Atom

For those of you that are confused as I was on what to remove from the JavascriptPluginExample, it is actually quite easy. All you have to do is remove the following 3 lines from the Config file....

<InputConnections>
<Connection Name="Input1" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="True" Type="Connection" Label="T"/>
</InputConnections>

And then in the Engine file, you change the DefineConnections function like....

Alteryx.Plugin.DefineConnections = function () {
      return {
         IncomingConnections: [],
         OutgoingConnections: [{
              name: "Output"
         }]
     };
};

After these changes, I no longer get the timeout errors and everything looks and works correctly.Hope this helps at least one person out there.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels