Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help Outputting File Name using a Field Name

clone501
5 - Atom

Ultimately I am trying to Output 3 Sheets to a single Excel file each to be named a different thing. I've managed to successfully name 2 of the Sheets using a Field Name from the input data however, the 3rd Sheet will occasionally have no data and therefore I cannot get the Sheet to be named off a Field. The name of this 3rd Sheet needs to be the file name from the input file + "Sheet Name." Any workarounds for this?  

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@clone501 Have you tried the option output file name as field in the input tool? That option will output the input file name in a separate column

binuacs_0-1678232482804.png

clone501
5 - Atom

Yes, this is how I started it and then when I am setting up my output I try and reference this field but there are no values because the input was empty to begin with.

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@clone501 ,

I understand you want to have a sheet even when there is no data to output,

but the problem is that Output Data Tool only creates a sheet when there is data to write to it.

As a workaround, I added a row to the data with null data exept for the sheet name.

Dummy data

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1678252553987.png

Workflow

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1678252504414.png

Image of Sheet_c on Excel

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1678252661157.png

Downside is that it still have data in "SheetName" column.

Does it work for you?

Labels