Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generating a report per line of input

Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have been struggling with this for quite a while now. So far I have only attended an Alteryx beginner course (the next one is on the way)

I would like to generate a pdf letter per line of input. In the input there are many different columns of data that need to end up in a specific area of the pdf report. That is why I use the Visual Layout tool.

However, because I use the Visual layout tool to build that pdf report, I can no longer use the "Group Data Into Separate Reports" function of the Render tool.

So I would like to send one line of input per time through the Visual layout tool to generate that pdf report, regardless how many lines there are.

I thought a batch macro would be able to solve this, but so far I have not found a way. All of the batch macro examples end up with 1 single output file.

Would really appreciate the help

Thanks

Roger

2 REPLIES 2
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

From what I can see, the Visual Layout tool isn't designed to work for multiple rows of data.  You could convert your workflow to use regular layout tools, which do work for multiple rows of data.

Alternatively, here's a basic batch macro that will produce multiple PDFs, by feeding a single row at a time to the visual layout tool.

Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, will have a look as soon as I can.👍

Labels