Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formula to strip off letters in a column not working

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I have formula (see below) that is part of a larger set of formulas but the formula below is not doing what I wanted it to do, I have a column with that has a date with the letters ETA with it like 

ETA 05/26/23   and I just want to strip off the "ETA" and just leave 05/26/23 but it stays the same ETA 05/26/23 and nothing gets stripped off . I tried replacing the formula with "Left" and nothing changes either and I know it is something simple but I cannot figure out what it is, can someone help?

Thanks,

Mike

ELSEIF Contains([2nd GI],"ETA")
THEN Right(Replace([2nd GI], "ETA", ""),5)

example ETA 0526/23

Want it to be  05/26/23

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisTX
16 - Nebula

Try

THEN Trim(Replace([2nd GI], "ETA", ""))

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

it did not strip of the ETA

Mike

ChrisTX
16 - Nebula

Maybe something above the ELSEIF is being executed?  Can you send sample input data and the full IF statement?

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I highlighted the formula with a comment box that is red

Thanks,

Mike

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

if ETA is in same position throughout the column, then try this

Screenshot 2023-05-23 153559.png

ChrisTX
16 - Nebula

The YXMD file doesn't include your input XLSX file.  Need to use the menu... Options > Export Workflow to create a YXZP file.

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

Try this

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

The condition is satisfied in 1st IF statement, so it is not going to further Elseif conditions. The 1st condition says !isempty[2nd GI], as the [2nd GI] is not empty, the same is returned. 

Screenshot 2023-05-23 160209.png

Try changing the 1st condition so that Contains function works, like this:

Screenshot 2023-05-23 160656.png

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I am not sure what part of the formula to change, can you show me what you mean?

Mike

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels