Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula that uses user input.

Hali3
7 - Meteor

So i got some help with this yesterday but i keep getting stuck.

I need a way to ask the user for a Sales number. Once the user inputs the sales number, I want Alteryx to use that number and display it in an existing column one row down. 

7 REPLIES 7
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hali3 ,

Try creating a packaged workflow and uploading that file cause currently your "Example" input is not contained in the workflow you have attached.

Thanks,

Angelos

Hali3
7 - Meteor

is this better?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Nope @Hali3, the input references a directory to which I don't have access to.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 150546.jpg

To create a packaged workflow, could you please follow the steps described in this thread :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/One-Drive-Local-Path-changes-by-user/m...

Then once you have completed those, save your workflow, click on "Options" just above the tools categories and select Export Workflow. That will create a .yxzp file, which you can attach here.

Hali3
7 - Meteor

ok. does this work?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Thank you @Hali3 , yes it does work now.

So you would like your output to look something like that?

Screenshot 2020-10-29 162055.jpg

But the Actual Billed sales value to change dynamically based on the users input?

Regards,

Angelos

Hali3
7 - Meteor

yes. I would like column C to update based on user input. so if the user enters 500 for Audi, I'd like a calculation that takes column B * the user input and give me an answer. So 500*10=5,000

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

I see @Hali3 , so something like this would work?

Screenshot 2020-10-29 172214.jpg

Have a look at the attached workflow/app

Labels