Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting Data from an API

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm struggling to format my data in a readable way that will allow me to use it and run reports. I am pulling info from an API that will show employee/timesheet data.

I've attached an excel document to show how the data is structured (3 Tabs) when i run the flow.

I need to get the Employee User ID to show along side the Name of the Employee and then show the data and hours of all timesheets associated with that User ID.

I was thinking of using a cross tab to set the User ID as the main field but I'm not sure how i could get it to link to the correct name following that?

The ideal output would be

Employee NameEmployee IDTimesheet DateLocation Name From TimesheetHours on Timesheet

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @chelseariver90 ,

I wasn't able to identify all the fields you mentioned, but I've started the development for you to see how to transform a json file.

For the timesheet, since you have more than one layer, maybe you will need to have multiple cross-tabs for that part.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels