Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering on one particular field but want the report to show two columns with info

dlemoine
6 - Meteoroid

I am creating a report and want to filter on two particular information which is 'OFF_GRP' and 'LINEMAN' but I have a couple of queries which are as follows:

1) The report only displays one response so I assume my filter is incorrect. ANy ideas what I have done wrong with this as I entered [Dimension COde] = "OFF_GRP" OR [Dimension Code] = "LINEMAN". I also tried changing the 'OR' to and @and' but that displayed no results for the dimension code.

2) How would I get two columns to display in the report ie a column for LINEMAN and a column for OFF_GRP rather than have one column called Dimension Code.

I attach my workflow.

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dlemoine  Try the IN operator if you have multiple or condition

[Dimension COde]  IN ("OFF_GRP" ,"LINEMAN")

for the second question you need to transpose the data and do the cross tab. 

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

As @binuacs mentioned you can use the IN operator. 

But there is nothing wrong with this code: [Dimension COde] = "OFF_GRP" OR [Dimension Code] = "LINEMAN".  The filter tool isn't case-sensitive. Guessing something else is going on.   Can you post a sample workflow with that code, showing the unexpected results?

Chris

dlemoine
6 - Meteoroid

I did a simple workflow using that filtering and it worked so the issue is somewhere else in my workflow. 

dlemoine
6 - Meteoroid

The code did not work but discovered my other one did work when I put it inot a workflow on its own so there must be an issue somewhere else within my workflow.

Apologies I am fairly new to Alteryx so I don't suppose you have any guidance note on how to use transpose?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dlemoine try the tool mastery

Tool Mastery | Transpose - Alteryx Community

also you can find example and explanation for the transpose tool by clicking the tool you will see open example, which will open a sample workflow and you can learn from there. 

binuacs_0-1658833643325.png

Labels