Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filtering / Matching

dhakim1996
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have a list of data and I would like to filter out those rows that have any of the following countries:  "Dubai,United Arab Emirates; Seoul,South Korea; Johannesburg,South Africa; Mumbai,India; Shanghai,China"

RowIDCountries
1Dubai,United Arab Emirates; Seoul,South Korea; Johannesburg,South Africa; Mumbai,India; Shanghai,China
2Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates;  Africa; Beijing, China
3Delhi,India; Shanghai,China; Korea, Africa
4Korea

Based on the following information, I would to filter out those rows that have at least any of the following countries Dubai,United Arab Emirates; Seoul,South Korea; Johannesburg,South Africa; Mumbai,India; Shanghai,China. As such I would like the filter to return row ID 1 to 4. How do I do it? Based on the above examples it should return row 1 to 4. 

Also if I want the filter to return only those row IDs that have at least 50% or more match based on the countries selected how do I do it? Based on the above example it should return at least row 1 to 3. 

The location columns contains a string of text like this: Dubai,United Arab Emirates; Seoul,South Korea; Johannesburg,South Africa; Mumbai,India; Shanghai,China. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dhakim1996 One way of doing this with the find and replace tool

binuacs_0-1678122681559.png

dhakim1996
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! But why does RowID4 returns a 0% when 1 country matches?

dhakim1996
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thanks! But why does RowID4 returns a 0% when 1 country matches?

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@dhakim1996 here's one way:

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1678125285326.png

Labels